I feel like a rare breed of human female who does not feel attracted to Channing Tatum at all
he looks like a thumb
Posts tagged so
Seattle’s vision of an urban food oasis is going forward. A seven-acre plot of land in the city’s Beacon Hill neighborhood will be planted with hundreds of different kinds of edibles: walnut and chestnut trees; blueberry and raspberry bushes; fruit trees, including apples and pears; exotics like pineapple, yuzu citrus, guava, persimmons, honeyberries, and lingonberries; herbs; and more. All will be available for public plucking to anyone who wanders into the city’s first food forest.
“This is totally innovative, and has never been done before in a public park,” Margarett Harrison, lead landscape architect for the Beacon Food Forest project, tells TakePart. Harrison is working on construction and permit drawings now and expects to break ground this summer.
The concept of a food forest certainly pushes the envelope on urban agriculture and is grounded in the concept of permaculture, which means it will be perennial and self-sustaining, like a forest is in the wild. Not only is this forest Seattle’s first large-scale permaculture project, but it’s also believed to be the first of its kind in the nation.
Washington, why you so progressive?
god i fucking love seattle so much
#I’ve just noticed #Sherlock’s little tremble #the gun shakes in his hand #nononojohnwhatareyoudoing #and that look #the fucking look of fear #his whole face softened #he’s panicking again #ugh i just keep watching it #can we not #asdfghjkjhgfdsasdfghjhgfdsa
There went half an hour of my time.
Anonymous asked: You're basically one of the coolest people ever on tumblr and it makes me really happy having you on my dash and yeah. <3 Also you're adorable.
I’m just going to sit here and grin and feel ridiculously validated now please excuse me.
Thank you so much! -squishes you-
“One day I’d love to have you on my couch,” Sherlock mused, almost to himself. “I can’t imagine the horrors lurking in that head of yours. All the things you’ve seen …”
Five years after John Watson puts the murderous Sherlock Holmes behind bars, a vicious copycat killer emerges. A reluctant John is pulled out of retirement to seek the expertise of the only man who can help, a man who has developed an unsettling obsession with John himself.
Read on AO3 (currently a WIP! 5 out of 7 chapters done!)
The cover art is based on alternative scenario after the first scene. I’ll let you read it and see what I mean.
Tolkien Dark Lord Chart (Revised)
A little personal guide I use for the various incarnations of Dark Lords when I’m illustrating the Silmarillion Project. While Sauron and Morgoth are the only *official* Dark Lords, I included the Witch-King of Angmar, because 1000+ years of being the chief antagonist in Middle-Earth deserves an honorable mention.
Left to Right:
- Morgoth in the First Age- essentially a rogue god, I wanted him to come off as an imposing demon, indestructible and primal.
- Sauron (as Gorthaur the Cruel)- Morgoth’s number two, ruling over an island fortress of werewolves. He needs to look like the sort of guy who can turn into a bat.
- Sauron (as Annatar, Giver of Gifts)- this is the “fair” form he took to give out his Rings of Power. I have him in a more nordic style, as to better mingle with the Elves, Men and Dwarves of the West. He’s also the only one here of normal Elf/Man stature, as his goal wasn’t to intimidate.
- Sauron after the Fall of Numenor- at this point he ruled through “terror and might,” so his stature is greatly emphasized. Given that he spent much of his time dominating eastern and unknown realms, I went with more exotic stylings, bordering on Frazetta.
- The Necromancer of Dol Guldur- a dark sorcerer, hiding in the shadows until he could regain his strength and openly declare himself as Sauron once more. I decided to make him almost the visual foil of Gandalf, who was also wandering the wilderness at this time.
- The Witch-King of Angmar - while also a sorcerer like Sauron, the Witch-King is much more hands-on, and is a seasoned military commander. He’s also a Numenorean king, so I put him in traditional Numenorean battle armor.
- Sauron during the War of the Ring- although Sauron did indeed have a corporeal form during Lord of the Rings (don’t believe the movies), I went with something more visually abstract, as only Pippin really ever sees him (through the Palantir) and was too shocked to describe what he saw.
Anyway, I hope you like them!
KNOW YOUR DARK LORDS!
If you see any of these Dark Lords, do not approach! They are to be considered Subtle and Quick to Anger. Contact your local Council of The Wise and await further instructions. Under NO circumstances should you touch any of their jewelry. While it may seem an easy path to unfathomable power, its Evil will devour you from the inside.
This has been a public service message from Rangers Union 7.
Best possible reblog of my work ever.
aka everyone is sauron and all of them suck